PhotobucketPhotobucket email image Photobucket

Monday, May 4, 2009

Need Costume Ideas!



Hi to all! I hope your week is off to a great start. We're doing just fine around here.

I want to ask each of you for some help with something I need to do. Jeven is in a Drama class, and in about two weeks, they are performing a play at a small theater here in Vegas. Jeven has been cast as a pirate. Now here's where I need YOUR help. Her drama teacher doesn't want her costume store bought. She wants all costumes to be homemade-- just from things we have around the house. So I REALLY need some ideas on what I should do for Jeven's costume. Oh, and one more thing... I don't sew!

Any ideas you can share will be greatly, greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Love,
Jen

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh my gosh, that is so tricky!! Can't be store bought?!? Hmmm...do you have a little stuffed bird laying around the house? Like even one of Teddy's toys??? Because that would be cute pinned to her shoulder...
Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Anonymous said...

Have you watched the movie Pirates of the Caribbean??? I am thinking a large white shirt, rolled up sleeves, a wide belt with jewels glued on, black pants - I am not sure if they should be baggy or fitted. Lots of gold jewelry - chains etc. Don't forget an eye patch. Of course a sword, with jewels of course. (Jen get your glue gun out). I am not sure about the hat or a turbin?? I like the idea of a stuffed bird pinned to her shoulder. I think you will have great fun with this. Let me know if you need some old gold chains. I think Steve was a pirate once. Maybe he still has that costume. Ha Love from the MT Gang

atg said...

seen your blog with the shout out very cool. if this is all it takes to leave a comment i will be sure to leave one every time my name is mentioned. good luck with the costume.......ATG

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I think the big white shirt and black leggings would be great..with the big belt. "MT gang" has it down! Gold chains and if you have a colorful scarf for a bandana...will be so cute!
Stuffed parrot..perfect, I know we have two of those here! lol (we really do!)
Have fun creating~can't wait to see the results!
Love ya

Jen S. said...

Argh Matey!!
Thank you so much everyone for your great ideas! I appreciate it so much!
Love,
Jen