PhotobucketPhotobucket email image Photobucket

Friday, May 1, 2009

Kitchen Friday!

Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL!
I hope your weekend is off to a great start! We had one very busy, hectic day at school. It flew right by. I was told that sometimes the kids get more wild at the end of the year, and let me tell you that I have learned that that is totally TRUE!! Wheweee are they really wound up lately it seems!

Today at Kelly's Korner blog, she's doing a Kitchen Edition of "Show Us Where You Live Friday", so I joined in. We're supposed to post pictures of our own kitchen on our blog, and then on her blog there will be a link back to ours, for others to enjoy. I sure had fun seeing a lot of other kitchen photos on her blog :)

Here are some pics. of our kitchen. Hope you enjoy! By the way, a lot of the decorations in my kitchen (and our entire house!) are from Home Goods or Kirkland's, which are two of my favorite stores!




The lighting is a little off in this one, but it's the view into our kitchen, from our living room. We have a very open floor plan on our main level, which we love.





I love our black furniture, and was so excited when we got it shortly after we moved into our house about 3 years ago. A few months after we got it, I had our Christmas decorations out and was unpacking them from the boxes. I put a box on top of our new table and slid it across the table... I heard a noise and realized a little pebble was under the box, and totally scratched our new table. It was a very bad, deep scratch. Steve worked and worked on it, and nothing would fix it. Finally he went and got a can of black spray paint for around $3.00.... he sprayed it, and it was seriously like magic--it worked like a charm :) If you saw our table today, you'd never even know!




I love the look of our countertops. Plus the color of the granite matches with almost anything. This counter is nice and big and gives me a lot of
work space. This counter is where Jeven does her homework all the time. This is also where Steve, Jeven, and I
always eat. We only use our dining room table a few times a year.



Just another view of our kitchen. If you look just under the window shutter on the right, you might see a little toilet!! It's Teddy's... it's a dog water dish shaped like a toilet. Isn't that funny!?!



It looks like we have two ovens, but it's an oven on the bottom and it's a microwave on top. I also love our cabinets... they are maple with a chocolate glaze. Doesn't that sound yummy!?!




I love that little pear tree decoration on the counter... it's to the left of the red glass candle holder. I bought the pear tree at Home Goods a few years ago. It was under $10.00 and I love it! Plus, it is scented like pears, and even after a couple of years, it still smells good. I think the yellow accent adds a nice touch to our kitchen.




Just another angle of our kitchen. When people come into our home, they almost always comment about the floor. It's very unique tile. Steve picked it out, and we LOVE it. I'm not sure what it's called, but I know it matches almost everything and doesn't show dirt--woohoo!!



This counter area is where Steve has his coffee machine. Every morning that he's home, he always makes some sort of Espresso drink. I don't drink coffee, so I've never used it, but it sure is nice :)

I also want to mention that we chose stainless steel appliances for our kitchen. I think it looks great, however, it's almost impossible to keep stainless steel clean. No matter what I use, they are always smudged or look dirty... it drives me nuts!

So that is our little tour of our kitchen. Hope you liked it.


Love to all & again, HAPPY FRIDAY!
Jen

13 comments:

Watts Family said...

Your kitchen is beautiful. I would love to find out the color of your countertops and more about your tile. We are building and I need all the help I can get! I'm afraid I am not going to match things right! Have a great summer...it's almost here!

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Andrea said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for commenting on my kitchen. I love yours too! I am jealous of your big island! Its awesome! Take care and have a great weekend! :)

Kendra said...

Can I come cook in your kitchen?!? Mine is like 4 inches x 4 inches!! HA!
Seriously, it's a GORGEOUS kitchen!!!
And way to go Steve for fixing the table scratch!!

Angie Seaman said...

Great kitchen. Nice island! Thanks for sharing. Found you thru Kelly's blog. Just got my kitchen tour post up today. Little late. Ha ha! :)
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)

Pam Bowers said...

You have a very nice kitchen.

Leslee said...

The wall looking into your kitchen looks just like mine!!! Very pretty! :)

http://lesleempesak.blogspot.com/

Martha said...

I love your kitchen! The colors are perfect.. and the tile is beautiful! :)
Martha

The Stain Family said...

That's the fanciest microwave I've ever seen! :) I would have never known it wasn't an oven. Your kitchen is beautiful...and I LOVE the black.

Monica said...

Jen - this stuff works great on stainless steel...its a bit pricey but you don't need much and it smelss really good http://www.caldrea.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductName=Lavender%20Pine%20Stainless%20Steel%20Spray&CategoryName=Kitchen

also, I think your floor is Travertine...but what do i know :-)

Ashley said...

I am in love with your big island!!! Thank you for sharing!
-Ash-

Karyn said...

Great kitchen!

Jocelyn said...

Cute kitchen (and yes... super cute floor)! I'm in the process of getting new counters and back splash... and am suddenly in LOVE with my kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen
I know this is SO late but I love your kitchen! I am checking out kitchens through Kelly's blog today since we have just decided to redo ours. Just wondering if you would be able to tell me what brand microwave/oven you have--it's exactly what I would like to do. How do you like them?

Thanks you and thanks for sharing your lovely room!