
Howdy to all! I hope your week is going great.
Today was the Field Trip to Jeven's Middle School that she'll start in the fall. The bus ride took all of about 3 minutes to get there, so the ride went pretty fast :) All 5th grade classes from Jeven's school went for the tour. It was actually pretty fun. We toured the school and saw the classrooms and all of the places the kids will go, like the lunchroom and the gymnasium. At the end, we all went into the gymnasium and listened to the choir, orchestra, and band perform for everyone. It was nice. My favorite was the song they played from Pocahontas..."Colors Of The Wind". The violins sounded so beautiful. It was so nice. The kids really did a good job and we had fun listening to them. In August at the school, they will have a morning when all of the new 6th graders can go get their schedules, practice using their lockers, and a few other things. So that'll be nice.
Today after school, Jeven went to a friends house to go swimming and have some fun! She had a good time, and is wiped out tonight. It's VERY hot here right now, so spending time in the pool is the perfect thing to do!
I've been trying to make new recipes, or ones I haven't made in a while. I found a recipe that I've had for a long time, but haven't made lately. So I decided to make it tonight. It's fish tacos with mango salsa, and they're so good!
I thought I'd share it with you, in case you'd like to make them too :)

EASY FISH TACOS
INGREDIENTS
Salsa
1 mango
2 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime
1 purple onion
Filling
1 pound halibut (or other flaky whitefish)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup shredded green cabbage
4 whole-wheat tortillas (6 inches each)
4 oz nonfat sour cream (I use low-fat)
1 can (16 oz) black beans
PREPARATION
Combine salsa ingredients. Heat grill. (I baked our fish instead) Cut fish into 4 pieces. Whisk together oil, lime juice, chili powder. Brush mixture onto both sides of each fillet; season with salt and pepper. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Fill each tortilla with 1 fillet, flaked into pieces, and 1/4 cup each cabbage and salsa; top with 2 tbsp sour cream. Serve with 1/2 cup beans (I put the beans inside the tortilla with everything else).
That's it for tonight... hope you all have a great Wednesday.
Love,
Jen














1 comment:
Mmmmm that looks YUMMY!!
Post a Comment