PhotobucketPhotobucket email image Photobucket

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lazy Day....

Hello one and all!

I hope your weekend is going well. I've had a very nice, relaxing weekend so far.

Last night Jeven had her friend Natalie (they're in the same class at school) spend the night. They always play great together and they always have a fun time. We went and had pizza and smoothies and then we came home and they played outside. Our neighbor girl Mia is five and she just learned to ride her bike without training wheels. So they rode around with her and did sidewalk chalk, and I sat outside with her Mom (Heidi) and had a really nice time just visiting.

Here's a pic. of Mr. Teddy standing by some of the artwork the girls did last night--of course he had to be in on the action too! I think the drawing you see is one little Mia did...so nice!



Today the girls went to the water park in our community and they sure had fun. It actually got too hot outside for them after a bit, so once they got too hot, they hurried back home to cool off. Hard to believe it's not even June yet and it's getting that HOT! I love when Jeven plays outside and has fun with her friends. It makes me so happy. We moved in a culda-sac just for that reason. I'm really thankful for that.

I spent most of today getting little things done around the house. It's been so busy the last few weeks with the end of the school year, Jeven's birthday, my job, Steve's job, Jeven's play, summer coming, and everything else, that the little things around here weren't getting tended to. Such as this (a counter in our kitchen)......




I'm so embarrassed and can't even believe I took a picture of this! Seriously! I am a neat-freak to the max and just can't stand clutter or things piled up. Well, I kept adding things to my "pile" and this is how it looked this morning. So it was time.... and I got busy. I condensed all 5,000 to-do post-it notes into one long to-do list. I also went through a bunch of papers we don't need anymore and tossed those. I filled out some cards that we're giving to some teachers at school, and cleaned the rest of the pile up. I should've taken an "after" photo too, because the counter is officially all clean now! The clutter and mess is gone... Hallelujah!

Jeven's been playing at her friends for a few hours now, and I'm going to pick her up a little bit later. I already took Teddy on a walk this morning, but it's so gorgeous outside right now, I might just have to take him on one more.... he'll love that!

Steve lands tonight, so we are happy about that. We miss him when he's gone. When I talked to him earlier, he said today a Mom brought her daughter (who is blind) on board and wanted to know if she could go up to the cockpit. So Steve and the other pilot had her come up as they were boarding, and they talked to her and let her touch some of the buttons and listen to some neat sounds. I thought that was so sweet and nice.

It reminded me of a story. When Jeven was much younger, we took her to Disneyland for the first time (I had never been there either!) My favorite ride was "It's A Small World". I don't do rides ever...but this one I LOVED! I kept making Steve and Jeven go on that ride over and over and over. How can anyone not love that ride?!!! They actually got sick of it after only a few times, but I'm telling you I could've gone on that thing ALL DAY LONG!!! I loved it so much, that I even changed my cell phone ringer to the song! Ha!

Anyhow, we were going on the ride yet again and a Mom and her teenage daughter got on the ride after us. They were seated directly in front of us, in the same boat as us. Once the ride got going and we were zipping along in the water looking at all the scenery, I realized the teenage girl was blind. And let me tell you, she had so much fun on that ride. Of course she couldn't see all the cute dolls and decorations and everything, but she could hear the music and everything else, and boy did she have fun! It melted my heart. She had a blast and couldn't even see anything! Sure made me think about things....just like the girl going in the cockpit today :)

Love to all,
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve is such a great guy :) That is very sweet~
I'm glad you got the "clutter" taken care of! haahaha you would probably have a stroke at my house!!! lol
You are awesome, I wish I had half of your motivation for cleanliness ;)
Love ya,

Kendra said...

HA! Way to "keep it real" with the counter photo!!! =) I am just like that too, I HATE clutter and I get so stressed out when my house looks like that!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great blog...Just blog hopping today and enjoyed reading your blog...

I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...

all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.

Happy Sunday!