PhotobucketPhotobucket email image Photobucket

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jeven's Birthday/Slumber Party.....

I can't believe Jeven is almost 11! Our little girl is growing up! Her birthday is May 19th, which is this coming Tuesday. We had her birthday/slumber party last night. She invited 6 of her friends, and they had so much fun! It was the 50's theme. Jeven and I had a great time decorating the house and getting things ready. The slumber party was a hit and everyone had fun!

Here are some pictures from the festivities...enjoy!


I think Jeven looks so cute! By the way, those cat-eye glasses are her actual glasses. Also, we sure got a kick out of the big blow up jukebox.



I love the birthday banner. Jeven made it (free hand) all by herself! Go Jeven...Grandpa Hank would be proud (Grandpa Hank is my father, and he passed away-- Jeven never got to meet him. But she sure did get his artistic talent. He was an artist and very creative).



Birthday girl :)



Another sign Jeven made.



These are the treat boxes that each girl got to take home. Jeven printed little name tags on the
computer and glued them on the boxes. We put lots of little goodies inside.




Jeven and I.




Jeven and her friends Brianna (L) and Natalie (R). The 50's chics!





A group shot... just before they played Twister.





Action shot of the girls playing Twister :)





Steve was the designated griller! For dinner we made burgers, hot dogs, french fries and onion rings (they loved the onion rings). We served them in the paper containers that are sort of like a little mini tray. I thought that would resemble something they used in the 50's. The girls liked this idea :)




Group shot of the girls eating. They decided they wanted to eat outside in our backyard. They really enjoyed it. What a nice group of girls :) They are all so sweet!




Jeven came up with the idea to make a game called "Pin The Poodle On The Skirt". So she made it herself, and it was so cute! I love the look on the girls face :)





Time to open gifts....







This is Jeven holding one of her gifts... below I'll explain.




I LOVE this idea! It's coffee to-go cups in a to-go tray. Each cup has a shirt or a skirt or something rolled up all neat in it. This to me is one of the most clever ways to wrap gifts that I've ever seen. The cups (they were clear) were bought at "Smart And Final" and then they put stickers on them to decorate. They also added a big "J" bookmark at the top where it was tied with ribbon (the "J" was on the back in this picture so you can't see it here). I absolutely love this idea!





We had a hoola hoop contest outside! Brianna was the winner. I swear she and Jeven could've hoola hooped non-stop forever! It was fun to watch!






We walked across the street and went to our park for a while. The girls had a good time, and were able to burn off some of their party energy! Here is a group shot... notice Teddy got to join in the fun too :)




Jeven's cake with a cute little jukebox candle!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEVEN!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

SO FUN!!! I love all the decorations!! And way to go Jeven on the sign!I am impressed!!!
I LOVE that to go coffee cup idea too! I agree, so original...I may have to steal that =)

Anonymous said...

What a great party! Looks like they had a great time, the decorations were so cute! And Jeven is just too adorable in her outfit!
Plus I love the picture of the two of you together :) Your hair looks good. nothing like I expected Jen. YOu look beaautiful!

Watts Family said...

Hey Jen,

That is cool that our daughters are almost exactly a year apart. Jeven is so gorgeous and I know you are one proud momma!! Please tell her the Watts Family from Texas wishes her a very Happy Birthday!! Have a great week!

Many Blessings,

Amanda