
~Happy Mother's Day! I'm having a wonderful day so far. I saw this questionnaire on-line and thought it would be fun to do.
1. At what age did you become a mom? 28
2. How many kids do you have? One
3. What are their ages? She's turning 11 in just a few days
4. When you were pregnant did you know the gender of the child? Yes, we couldn't wait, and found out when I was about 4 months along.
Jeven & I
1. At what age did you become a mom? 28
2. How many kids do you have? One
3. What are their ages? She's turning 11 in just a few days
4. When you were pregnant did you know the gender of the child? Yes, we couldn't wait, and found out when I was about 4 months along.
5. How long were you in labor? About 11 hours.
6. What's your favorite thing about being a mom? Having the honor of being Jeven's Mom. It's just too hard for me to put into words what my favorite thing is about it... BEING JEVEN'S MOM is my favorite thing.
7. What's your least favorite thing? Having to tell her "no" and also taking care of Jeven when she's sick (throwing up). I'm not good at it, but thankfully it rarely happens :)
6. What's your favorite thing about being a mom? Having the honor of being Jeven's Mom. It's just too hard for me to put into words what my favorite thing is about it... BEING JEVEN'S MOM is my favorite thing.
7. What's your least favorite thing? Having to tell her "no" and also taking care of Jeven when she's sick (throwing up). I'm not good at it, but thankfully it rarely happens :)
8. Do you want more kids? We did years ago, and had extreme problems with that. We know Jeven was a miracle (and I feel all children are) and we are just so thankful and blessed to have her.
9. Is your kid(s) named after someone? Our daughter's name is Jeven. We mixed our names, Jen + Steven =Jeven (it rhymes with Kevin). Steve came up with it and that's how we got her name. I LOVE HER NAME!!
10. When is the last time you had a sitter; What did you do? It was just a few weeks ago. One night we went out with some of our old North Dakota High School friends who were in town. We rarely get a babysitter though.... only a few times a year.
11. What is the longest you have been away from your kid(s)? I was away from Jeven for two nights when I went out of state for a funeral. That's the only time I've been away from her. Also if she is at a friends at a sleepover.... other than that, we've never been apart overnight.
12. Last movie you saw in theater? Hannah Montana movie with Jeven.
13. What is the last thing you purchased for yourself? A magazine
14. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom: Making time for me :)
15. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom: my stuff being my stuff... but I love it and wouldn't want it any other way.
16. If I could do it over, I'd do this differently: learn to relax more and not get too stressed out trying to make sure everything is perfect.
17. What advice would you give other moms that you wish someone told you about being a mom? Enjoy every single moment.
9. Is your kid(s) named after someone? Our daughter's name is Jeven. We mixed our names, Jen + Steven =Jeven (it rhymes with Kevin). Steve came up with it and that's how we got her name. I LOVE HER NAME!!
10. When is the last time you had a sitter; What did you do? It was just a few weeks ago. One night we went out with some of our old North Dakota High School friends who were in town. We rarely get a babysitter though.... only a few times a year.
11. What is the longest you have been away from your kid(s)? I was away from Jeven for two nights when I went out of state for a funeral. That's the only time I've been away from her. Also if she is at a friends at a sleepover.... other than that, we've never been apart overnight.
12. Last movie you saw in theater? Hannah Montana movie with Jeven.
13. What is the last thing you purchased for yourself? A magazine
14. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom: Making time for me :)
15. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom: my stuff being my stuff... but I love it and wouldn't want it any other way.
16. If I could do it over, I'd do this differently: learn to relax more and not get too stressed out trying to make sure everything is perfect.
17. What advice would you give other moms that you wish someone told you about being a mom? Enjoy every single moment.
Being a Mom is the most wonderful blessing in the entire world, and I feel (and have always felt) like the luckiest girl in the world to have my daughter, and to be a Mom. Thanks Jeven for being YOU. I'm so lucky!
Jeven & I















3 comments:
What an ADORABLE picture of you two girls!! Love it!!
That was a fun questionnaire!
Happy Mothers day to you my sweet friend!!!!! I hope to someday be the kind of mother you are, and have a great relationship with my daughter like you do!
Jen, was this picture just taken?? Cause your hair doesn't look as black as I thought it would be. YOu look beautiful as always!
Kendra--
Thanks for your beautiful words... you are so nice :)
Jodi--
Thank you for your kind words too. As far as my hair, that picture is from about a month ago when we were in Coronado Island, so it's much darker right now :)
Love to each of you...
Jen
Post a Comment