PhotobucketPhotobucket email image Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

Drama Filled Day :)

Hello to all! I hope your week is off to a great start so far. We're doing just fine around here. Busy as always, but just fine :)

Today Jeven had her last Drama class for the school year. (It's called "Drama Kids International" and it's really neat. In case you want to read about it, click here). They are having their play next week. So she'll have one dress rehearsal next week at the theater where it'll be held, and then it's showtime!

Remember I asked for ideas for her pirate costume since she is playing a pirate for her part in the play? Well, yesterday we went to Goodwill and hunted around. Steve was off so the three of us went. We had a good time searching the store. We definitely had good luck! We found a white, long sleeved, "puffy" shirt, a denim vest, some gold chains (and a gold belt that looks like a gold necklace, so that's what it'll be used for!) and then a big wide belt. We found black pants at Walmart for next to nothing, and I cut them off real jagged right below the knee. We also bought an eye patch in the Pharmacy at Walmart too. Steve and Jeven found a sword in the toy dept. that we bought as well. Plus, a teacher I work with has a pirate hat she is letting us use. So I do believe our little pirate should be good to go!! I'll share the pictures next week after the play.

Today they gave out awards for those that attended the Drama Class this year. Here is Jeven with her Drama teacher Tina (she goes by the name "Drama Mama"... isn't that funny?!!) Tina is very nice and so full of energy... she really is one talented lady. Jeven was lucky to get to be a part of her class.




Tomorrow at school the 5th graders have a Field Trip to the Middle School they'll be going to next year. I'm going in to work early because they need helpers to go along. It should be fun... I'm excited. I still can't believe our little girl is going to be in Middle School. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were dropping her off for her first day of kindergarten, and she was telling me to leave and she'd be just fine! I'll never forget that. She was so independent, even back then :)

I'm also trying to plan Jeven's 11th birthday party/slumber party which is this Sat. night. It's the 50's theme. We're going to play fun games (still want to find some good game ideas on-line), and for the meal it'll be hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, onion rings, and then ice cream floats. So that is the plan. Jeven invited six girls to the party, and all six can attend. So she's very excited. I wonder how late the girls will stay up? I wonder how I WILL DO? I'm sleepy everynight around 9:00! Ha!


So that is what's going to be keeping me busy for the next few days.

And how are YOU? Do tell, you know I'd love to hear from you!
Love to all,
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a great costume planned out, can't wait to see it!!
Jeven's birthday party sounds like fun too! You are such a great mom!!
What did you do for Mother's day?
Miss you~
Jodi

Jen S. said...

Hi Jodi--
Yes, Jeven's party should be fun! I'm exicted! Wish you were here :)
For Mother's Day Steve was off, so the three of us went out to eat (Cafe Rio) and just had a nice, family day. What about you? Hope it was nice.
Love you & miss you....
Jen

Kendra said...

What a fun party you have planned!!!!! I can't wait to see pics!