
We have a lot leftover, so I know what we'll be eating tomorrow! Jeven had Buffalo Chicken pizza with Cajun crust (FYI--Cajun is REALLY spicy!), and I had Veggie Lovers pizza with garlic crust. It was so good! While we ate our dinner we watched one of my King Of Queens DVD's. We LOVE that show, and can watch every episode over and over and over. Talk about having some laughs! Now I'm doing some laundry, and while I'm waiting for the dryer to finish, I decided to blog. So that is how our night is going.Steve is flying at the moment and has been gone for 3 days. He returns tonight later on. We miss him and are happy he'll be home soon. He called me today to tell me who he had flown from
San Francisco to LA this afternoon..................Sharon Stone. Yep, that's right. He said he wouldn't have known it was her, but somebody told him. She pre-boarded, so Steve and the other pilot met her since she was the first one on the plane . They thought she was very nice. I asked Steve lots of questions (most of you know how I get when it comes to star sightings...I want to know everything!) Anyways, he said she's tall and very thin with short blonde hair. She took a window seat and off they went. That's all I know, but wanted to share :)
Yesterday was "Take Your Child To Work Day" as I mentioned in an earlier post. I had a ball having Jeven there. We both had a lot of fun. Jeven told me she can understand why I love my job. It really is so much fun :) She was a great worker and really helped us out a lot at school. We get up on the stage and use a microphone when we are in the lunchroom. Sometimes to ask the kids to quiet down a little or to page a child if we need to. Well, Jeven took over the microphone when we needed help with that, and she did a great job! When she asked the kids to be quiet, the entire lunchroom got quiet immediately! Maybe I need to take lessons from her! Then out on the playground she did great too. There are a lot of kids, so it can be a bit overwhelming to some.... but not Jeven. She did great and as I said, was a HUGE help for us. We had a great time.
Here's Jeven and I in the lunchroom. (to me it sort of looks like I'm carrying a black purse...but it's really a black sundress I'm wearing underneath that colorful apron!)
Tomorrow is our big Springfest in our community. Last fall when we did it, between 100-150 people attended. Yesterday Jeven, and another Board Member and I went and did some of the shopping for the big day. We're serving hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cookies, soda, and also snow cones. The snow cones are always the biggest hit! In the fall, everyone seemed to enjoy all of the food so that was nice. So we're just going to do it the same way this time too. I am using the party company that we always use to do the party games, etc. There will be bounce houses, pool games, carnival games, face painting, hula hoop contest and much more. So hopefully everyone will have a great time. The only problem might be the weather. It's supposed to be very windy and perhaps might even rain. So, I'm really hoping it stays nice, so we can enjoy everything we have planned. Steve and our friend (and neighbor) JB will be in charge of the grill! I'll try go get lots of pictures.
I just heard the dryer buzzer, so now it's time for me to go get busy!
I hope your weekend is off to a great start!
Love to all....
~Jen














1 comment:
That pizza looks YUMMY!!! How fun you got to take Jeven to work with you=) And it sounds like she is a natural on stage!!!
That is sooo cool about Sharon Stone! I am with you about wanting to know the details =) I always stay at the gym and run so much longer if I have a People magazine to read! HA!
Post a Comment